null What is the role of the Steering Committee of a project ?
The Steering Committee is a governance body responsible for ensuring the proper functioning of a project.
Composed of decision-makers from the various businesses involved in the project, it is chaired by the Sponsor and led by the Project Leader who, during periodic meetings, reports on the project's progress and presents the project's health report.
In other words, the Steering Committee :
- ensures the follow-up of the budget;
- monitors/modifies the project schedule;
- decides on possible changes of contract or requirements;
- decides on structural or organizational changes;
- ensures the arbitration of the scenarios proposed by the Project Committee;
- records the decisions and minutes of the Steering Committee in a report validated by the stakeholders.
Does this article not answer your question ? Contact our Support